In Pakistan, Sales Tax registration is one of the most important steps after company registration. Without your STRN (Sales Tax Registration Number) you cannot import or export your products or services. You will not be able to participate in tenders in Pakistan. You cannot work with the government, take important sponsors or work with well reputed companies. No multinational company can work with you legally either.
Gladly, we are here to help. This is how you can move forward with registering for STRN if you have a Company.
Process: New Registration of Company for Sales Tax
The nominated director/ authorized representative visits their relevant RTO along with the following documents/information:
- Request on Letter Head of the Business.
- Tax Registration Form (TRF-01 Form)
- Original CNIC of the nominated director/ authorized representative.
- Valid passport copies of all the directors of the company (in case of foreign directors).
- A letter on the letterhead of the company signed by all partners, verifying that the said partner / representative is nominated and authorized for Sales Tax Registration.
- Cell phone with SIM registered against nominated director/ authorized representative’s own CNIC.
- Shall already have an “Email Address”.
- Evidence of tenancy / ownership of business premises (For business individuals only).
- Paid Electricity bill of business premises not older than 3 months (electricity). Affidavit is required if incomplete address is mentioned on electricity bill.
- SECP incorporation number.
The nominated director/ authorized representative must be same who registered the Company for Income Tax. If the Principal Officer who registered the Company for Income Tax has changed, the Facilitation Officer will ask the current Principal Officer to modify his Income Tax Registration, add himself as new Principal Officer and then come for Registration of Sales Tax.
The Facilitation officer at the RTO verifies the documents and starts new registration process in Iris by performing the next few steps.
- Starts 14(1) (Form of Registration filed voluntarily) (Sales Tax) application and enters complete information where mandatory.
- Perform bio-metric verification and save data (thumb impression and photo) on IRIS.
- Verifies SECP registration.
- Scans and attaches the relevant documents and submits the application.
Facilitation Officer suggests the Taxpayer to get a print of “14(1) (Form of Registration filed voluntarily) (Sales Tax)” by logging in to his own account through the password already been issued to taxpayer on registered cell and Email. Informs the Taxpayer about use and safe custody of the password and his account. If the System generates the error message “Transaction not allowed, as pre-requisite transaction has not been started / completed”, the Facilitation Officer will start “181 (Form of Registration filed for modification) (Income Tax)” first, complete it and then start “14(1) (Form of Registration filed voluntarily) (Sales Tax)”.
For any queries related to Tax, SECP, Shares, Stocks or Finance write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org